struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Carreira <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Re: Returning Result directly (was Re: DefaultActionMapper compatablity
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:36:21 GMT
> I'm sure some people do, but the question is in what
> percentages?  I have done
> it, but only a couple of times, perhaps representing
> 2-3% of my actions.  Since
> the XML configuration way is still an option, I think
> orienting the framework to
> make the more common things easier, yet still
> allowing more complex
> configuration, is the best approach.
>
> Don

Since at least 50% of an app ends up being CRUD operations and we should make it easy to have
a reusable CRUD / list / search framework... like the one we've built at work... then I'd
say probably 50% of the action configs will be reused action classes. We've been harvesting
more and more reusability in our app as we keep finding opportunities.