struts-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: Renaming XWork packages (was Poll: What part of a Struts...)
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:23:44 GMT
I'm not sure how easy it would be to change the license, but that really
shouldn't be necessary. As you say it is just a build tool so there is no
need to distribute the source, or even have the source checked in. I did a
few quick searches and found:

 "ASF projects can use GPL/LGPL code during the build process so long as
  there is no runtime dependency in the code produced."

Link here:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=104459003800562&w=2

I'm sure you could find a bunch of existing examples.

Let me know if you have any technical problems getting jarjar to work.
>From what I understand it does seem like a quick solution to your problem.

Chris