struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [action2] action2 snapshot build
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:15:18 GMT
I'm somewhat a noob in training by Wendy and Sean :-), but here's my
thoughts.

On 6/15/06, tm jee <tm_jee@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Got some questions :-
> 1] When is action2's snapshot in maven repository updated? Is it on a
> daily basis?

Snapshots are updated only when a developer (or perhaps some nightly script)
executes "mvn deploy".

2] In Continuum, is it posible for user to download a particular successful
> build, say for example build 15 of action2?

Need a Continuum guru to answer that one.

3] If a user wants to get a copy of action2 snapshot, but doesn't have maven
> installed, is there a website where he could download the jar from?

The repository itself is just a website full of static files, so it would be
possible to figure out the correct URLs for the snapshot JARs and publish
those.  For Shale, in addition to publishing the snapshot JARs themselves,
we've got an assembly goal that includes all the dependency JARs in the
Shale framework snapshot (see "shale-dist/src/main/assembly/dist.xml" in the
"mvn_reorg" branch, soon to be moved to the Shale trunk), and I'd imagine
the action2 snapshots would want to do the same thing, so it's a matter of
pointing at one particular directory to download one particular file from.

Another option (I haven't tried this, but I've seen simpler projects like
Commons libraries use it) would be to generate an Ant build.xml file that is
(theoretically) equivalent to what Maven would do for you:

    mvn ant:ant

Several of the commons projects periodically generate such a build.xml and
check it in to Subversion, providing a convenient mechanism for Ant based
customers to build the snapshot from source.

But, I've become an M2 convert, so I'm not planning to do this for Shale
unless users ask for it :-).

Thanks in advance.

> rgds

Craig