struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] Maven Reorganization Status and a request for help
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 05:30:50 GMT

> > An interesting question is how we make it possible to do step 4 (build
> the
> > sample apps from source) without doing step 2 (build the framework from
> > source).  I presume that means we'd need to publish the "shale-parent"
> and
> > "shale-apps-parent" POMs as snapshots, since a side effect of Step 2
> would
> > be to install the poms in your local repository.  I know we'd need to
> > publish the parent POMs as part of a normal release, but is that also
> the an
> > acceptable process for snapshots?

Cool.

Yes, and  'mvn deploy' will do it.  Since the version numbers have
> -SNAPSHOT, Maven will choose the
> <distributionManagement>/<snapshotRepository> (inherited from
> struts-parent) and publish the artifacts there.  (It should be
> people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository, it might need to be
> changed from cvs.a.o.)

It's already set correctly.

Then 'step 4' will work (without having done 'step 2') by retrieving
> the artifacts from a <repositories>/<repository>, one of which has the
> same snapshot repo URL.

I deployed the framework JARs  (and shale-parent POM) ... but it's still
missing the shale-apps-parent POM.  Can I deploy just that without deploying
the applications themseves?  That would work, but seems wasteful of space on
the server.

--
> Wendy

Craig