struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] Maven 2 profile activation
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:08:41 GMT

> I'm trying to reduce redundancy by removing the javax.servlet:servlet-apiand
> javax.servlet:jsp-api dependencies inside the subordinate modules, since
> they are declared in shale-parent ... but that causes compile errors
> indicating that no API classes are getting added to the classpath.
> Shouldn't the subordinate POMs be inheriting this dependency from
> shale-parent?

Never mind ... <dependencyManagement> in the parent POM is essentially
templates for picking version numbers ... it doesn't behave the same as
<dependencies> at the top level.

Should we think about declaring <dependencies> in the shale-parent POM
instead, for the stuff that is guaranteed to be common (servlet-api,
jsp-api, etc.)?  (It would still have to be legal, for example, for a
particular webapp to declare dependency on Servlet 2.5 even if the parent
says use 2.4.)

Craig

Gary, can you make sure you've updated everything, or try this with a