struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] Best practice for unit testing Tag class?
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 02:44:37 GMT
On 6/6/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a recommended practice for testing out my JSP Tag classes?
> Is this even desirable?  I'm thinking that its nice to verify that
> values and value bindings are being set properly.  Maybe we could add
> something to shale-test that could combine the mock stuff with a real
> tag?
>
> I'm still working through the test project so maybe there is an
> obvious solution that I have missed ...

Actually, there isn't any support for this in the test framework at the
moment ... that would make a really good enhancement.  We'll probably need
to provide mock objects for all the JSP API stuff, and probably some helpers
that emulate the tag lifecycle alternatives, since it's a little more
complex than the JSF lifecycle.

Sean

Craig