struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Maven2 and Functional/Integration Tests
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 03:54:09 GMT
If I'm reading 'Better Builds With Maven" correctly, it seems that the
recommended practice for functional or system integration tests for webapps
(i.e. where you deploy the app to a server and then execute HTTP requests
and examine the result) is to build a separate "functional-tests" module per
webapp.  Yuck.  Is that the only way to do it?  I was spoiled in my previous
build.xml scripts to be able to run "ant install systest" on a webapp module
and have it deploy my app plus execute the integration tests immediately,
with the tests themselves being in a separate source directory (my
convention was "src/systest") in the same project.

Thoughts?

Craig