struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Live DTDs
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:19:42 GMT
On 6/25/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Didn't you say you didn't want to support the live dtd? My browsers can never show a
DTD, it seems; they try always parse it as XML which fails of course. So that's why I recommend
a plain-text version of it online.

No, I said that currently I'm the only one who has volunteered to keep
the LiveDTD docs updated.  If someone else will help, then I'd feel
more comfortable about making those links more prominent on the
website.  It's not hard, but it is outside of the Maven 2 website
build.

Having a plain text version under s.a.o/struts-action is fine, it just
needs to happen at build time, not as something that gets checked into
svn.  Try binding an execution of the antrun plugin in action/pom.xml,
that's the only thing I've found that will copy files in a Maven
build.  There should be an example in the webapp poms, I know we copy
the source into the webapps with antrun.

Another option is switching to DTD Doc, which is Java so it shouldn't
be too hard to write a m2 plugin for it.  That looks like it requires
modifications to the source DTDs, though.

--
Wendy