struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of 1.3.5, 1.x, and loose ends
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 05:19:17 GMT
On 6/23/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Commons FileUpload[1] and Chain[2] have both had recent releases
> (Chain 1.1 and FileUpload 1.1.1) - we don't need to have these new
> releases as the minimum dependency for Struts but there are two bug
> fixes which are (IMO) useful:

Niall, I think those dependencies are fine to upgrade, neither of them
had major changes.

There is a new Commons Logging 1.1, but I know it's not a drop-in
replacement in my own app because of some old configuration that I
haven't had time to fix.  Apparently I missed a change two or three
versions ago, and never saw any deprecation warnings.

> These are simple "drop in" replacements that users could easily do
> themselves, plus last time I checked the new versions hadn't found
> their way into the Maven2 repository (not sure why/how).

I think the automatic synchronization was broken for a while.  They're
both available now:
  http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/commons-fileupload/commons-fileupload/1.1.1/
  http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/commons-chain/commons-chain/1.1/

--