struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Shale][PROPOSAL] Cut over to Maven2 based source tree
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 01:30:22 GMT

>  I think It's now to the point where I'd like to make
> this the trunk, and get back to fixing bugs and implementing RFEs.  What say
> ye?  If there's no objections, my plan is to copy the current trunk to a
> "pre-maven" branch as is, then copy the "mvn_reorg" to the regular trunk.
> I'd like to do this by tomorrow (Saturday June 17) evening, Pacific time, so
> we can start addressing the backlog of issues.

+1 on the general idea, but I would just:

  svn mv shale/trunk      shale/tags/SHALE_PRE_MAVEN2
  svn mv shale/branches/mvn_reorg     shale/trunk

(Done remotely, as no one is likely to have all the tags and branches
checked out.)

I don't think we need either a branch for the pre-Maven code (just a
tag) or to keep a copy of what is now mvn_reorg in branches.  Maybe
there were some implied "deletes" in your original plan. :)

--
Wendy