struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Maven Reorganization Status and a request for help
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 05:04:43 GMT

> An interesting question is how we make it possible to do step 4 (build the
> sample apps from source) without doing step 2 (build the framework from
> source).  I presume that means we'd need to publish the "shale-parent" and
> "shale-apps-parent" POMs as snapshots, since a side effect of Step 2 would
> be to install the poms in your local repository.  I know we'd need to
> publish the parent POMs as part of a normal release, but is that also the an
> acceptable process for snapshots?

Yes, and  'mvn deploy' will do it.  Since the version numbers have
-SNAPSHOT, Maven will choose the
<distributionManagement>/<snapshotRepository> (inherited from
struts-parent) and publish the artifacts there.  (It should be
people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository, it might need to be
changed from cvs.a.o.)

Then 'step 4' will work (without having done 'step 2') by retrieving
the artifacts from a <repositories>/<repository>, one of which has the
same snapshot repo URL.

--
Wendy