struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r414466 - in /struts/shale/branches/mvn_reorg: pom.xml shale-spring/LICENSE.txt shale-spring/NOTICE.txt src/main/ src/main/assembly/ src/main/assembly/dep.xml
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 05:17:00 GMT
On 6/14/06, craigmcc@apache.org <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: craigmcc
> Date: Wed Jun 14 22:10:00 2006
> New Revision: 414466

> Log:
> Add a new top-level assembly for the framework, inspired by Wendy's
> version in shale-dist, but with a singularly important advantage:  the
> unpacked directory structure is buildable with Maven2 exactly as if the
> user had checked out the source repository with SVN.  The applications
> are *not* included, since they now each have their own assembly
> mechanisms.

I don't see why this wasn't possible in shale-dist.  We build exactly
that for struts-action, (a distribution with buildable source code,)
from struts/action/assembly.  Maybe I just got the relative directory
structure wrong?

One concern is that if we need to do anything special to get the right
dependencies to show up in the assembly, that configuration will be
inherited by all the child modules rather than being isolated in
shale-dist/pom.xml.

But as long as it works, carry on... :)

--
Wendy