struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Standalone Tiles] Changing the Semantics of the InsertTag
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:00:58 GMT
On 6/14/06, Joe Germuska <Joe@germuska.com> wrote:

> Would you consider some kind of compatibility mode?  That is, before
> you remove support for these, could there be a way for people to
> configure things for a more strict or more compatible evaluation, to
> ease migration?  It seems like the closest you can get to deprecation
> warnings in tag libs/JSPs.

Rather than keep these things around in Standalone Tiles, I think the
responsibility for 'deprecation' warnings falls to Struts Action.

Once we know which attributes are going away, if we start warning
people in 1.3.x it won't be a surprise.  But that's assuming SAF1
intends to switch to Standalone Tiles behind the scenes at some point.

George and Greg's exchange assuming the presence of EL points to
moving Standalone Tiles to a Servlet 2.4 baseline, which might
preclude SAF1 from using it at all.

--
Wendy