struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Shale] Nightly Builds Resumed
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:56:11 GMT

> For maximum user benefit, it's nice to ship sample apps "ready to run", with
> all their dependent jars included.  But with four apps already, that would
> mean lots of jar files duplicated -- which would really bloat an all-in-one
> download.  For the Ant based builds, I took the tack of creating several
> kinds of artifacts:
>
> * A zip of the framework itself (library jars, sources, javadocs)
>
> * A zip  of the dependencies (which Maven will eliminate the need for

I think 'jars without dependencies' is possible.  Asking for the
dependencies, but not the jar they came from, might be more difficult.
 Could the second one be a library distribution of Shale +
dependencies?

> * A war file for each example (ideally with a buildable source module
>   and javadocs for the application classes included inside).

It's usually WEB-INF/src for the sources, but I haven't seen Javadocs
in a .war file.  WEB-INF/apidocs?  (There's an example of copying the
sources in Struts Action, probably in apps/pom.xml.)

--
Wendy