struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject [shale] Maven 2 profile activation
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:38:14 GMT
On users@maven, Roland Asmann pointed out that a profile can be
activated if a certain property is *not* present.

We now have the MyFaces profile is active if the 'jsf' property is not
set.  The JSF RI profile is activated with -Djsf=ri on the command
line.

Using -Pmyfaces and -Pjsfri still works.  Profiles can always be
activated by their ids.  Be sure to 'mvn clean' when you switch
implementations, or the webapps will have both myfaces and the RI in
WEB-INF/lib.  (I think Maven 2.1 will better handle the concept of
'This jar provides an implementation of xyz specification' during
dependency resolution.)

With defaultGoal=install in the pom, you can now simply execute 'mvn'
from the top of the branch, and it should work.

--
Wendy