struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 website documentation editing
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:41:25 GMT
On 6/11/06, James Mitchell <jmitchell@apache.org> wrote:

> I guess what I'm looking for is something like this:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/Shale/BuildingWithMaven2
>
> With something like the above, all the great hints and tricks you
> guys keep throwing around in the threads won't get lost.
>
> Not sure about other people, but when I get a few minutes to help,
> I'm never sure where to jump in.  Chances are that what I was working
> on previously has been updated or continued by someone else, which, I
> admit, is a *good* problem to have.
>
> What do you think?

That there's a constant struggle between getting things to work, and
stopping to write down how and why they work. :)  Thanks for starting
the wiki page.

There's a start on an assembly in a new shale-dist module.  I tried
using the latest version of the assembly plugin (v2.1) but I couldn't
get it to work.  The assembly descriptor format is different, it's
ignoring the <dependencySets> element, and it seems to only want to
work if it's in the top-level shale-parent pom.  I gave up and used
v2.0.1 which is working fine for Struts Action.

The assembly includes the website, so you have to build that first...
mvn site -Pmyfaces
cd shale-dist
mvn assembly:assembly -Pmyfaces

The zip file will be in target/assembly/out.  Right now it only
includes shale-core, but it's copy-and-paste to add the rest.

--
Wendy