struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 website documentation editing
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:14:01 GMT
> On 6/10/06, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Old site plugin?  Try -U on the command line to make it update, or
> >    rm -rf $M2_REPO/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin
> > so it will download again.
>
> The -U switch worked.  Hmm, does that mean Maven treats snapshot plugins
> different from snapshot dependencies?

Maven will not update released plugins unless you tell it to.  (I
think it does check for new plugin snapshots, but we aren't using
any.)

> Just as one example ... as the site generation was occurring, I saw it
> create checkstyle reports for each module.  But I can't seem to find them
> anywhere on the generated site. I would imagine we should also be able to
> see all the other module-specific reports.

Maven-generated reports are always under the 'Project Reports' menu
link.  Checkstyle should be there, along with PMD, Surefire, etc.
Menu links can be added for the ones you want to highlight, such as
Javadoc.

> We'll clearly want an aggregated site, but I'm wondering if focusing on the
> assembly stuff might not be more urgent, so we can resurrect the nightly
> builds.  Those have a timeout on the server, and I'm getting pinged from a
> couple of users that it looks like the project is not progressing since
> those are not being generated.

I thought you were still building nightlies from the trunk, but yes,
the assembly is next.  We can't do much about the aggregation anyway
(unless James wants to go work on Maven plugins... ;) )

--
Wendy