struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r413252 - in /struts/shale/branches/mvn_reorg/shale-apps: ./ shale-usecases/src/systest/org/apache/shale/usecases/systest/ shale-usecases/src/test/java/org/apache/shale/usecases/systest/
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:32:11 GMT
On 6/9/06, craigmcc@apache.org <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, need to review the heavy baggage that including shale-spring as a
> dependency (and transitively the dependencies that Spring defines)
> brings to the table.

Spring 1.2.5 looks like the first version that has its dependencies
marked 'optional' in the poms.  I'm having trouble with 'mvn site'
throwing a NPE due to the <exclusion> in the shale-spring pom.

The easiest thing to do is just change Shale's dependency to a later
version.  We can document that it actually works with 1.2.2+, and
anyone who wants a different version can add it to his own project's
pom.

--
Wendy