struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven2 and Functional/Integration Tests
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 23:38:56 GMT
On 6/6/06, David H. DeWolf <ddewolf@apache.org> wrote:

> I've been lucky find a solution, but it took a bit of playing around.  The
> key problem I was having was making sure that:
>
> 1) the tests were in src/it were compiled in addition to src/test
> 2) the integration tests were not executed during test as well as during i-t
>
> To get around this, I ended up using two different patters
>
> *Test.java
> *IT.java
>
> and placing both types of sources in the test directory (ignoring src/it for
> now).
>
> From there, it's just a matter of binding surefire to the appropriate
> lifecylce and and adding the appropriate filter to each execution.

Thanks!  I'll try that with one of the Shale apps and see how it goes.

For this to work, we'll have to use the war file from the target
directory, which gets built during the package phase.  Up to now I've
been writing tests that expect to find the war file in the local repo,
so they have to run _after_ install.  Maven's build lifecycle [1] has
integration-test before install.

It's being tracked here:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1381
and http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Testing+Strategies

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html