struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Reorg (Was --> Re: [shale] Maven 2 build -- Help Wanted)
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:55:06 GMT

> * "src/systest" in the original repository contains JUnit tests,
>   but they (a) presume that the webapp has been deployed,
>   and (b) use HtmlUnit to exercise the actual application and
>   examine the returned HTML pages for correct output.  I think
>   of these as system integration tests rather than unit tests,
>   but vastly prefer HtmlUnit based tests like this to something
>   built with Cactus.  Much simpler.
>
> We don't necessarily have to solve the systest issues tonight, but that'll
> probably bear some thought since the same principle would apply to any
> webapp in the repository (and, ideally, any user-defined webapp created via
> the archetype mechanisms).

Testing the webapps in that way is doable, Cargo can be used in a
JUnit TestSetup class to start container(s) and deploy the apps, then
the tests run as usual.

For the Tiger tests, if you just need the directory structure (and not
a deployed webapp) then it's not a problem.  There's an example of
setting a property ('documentRoot') in core-library/pom.xml.

And with that, I think I'm done for the night.  Thanks for all the help!

--
Wendy