struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Lee" <crazy...@crazybob.org>
Subject Re: Renaming XWork packages (was Poll: What part of a Struts...)
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:59:40 GMT
We should use jarjar: http://tonicsystems.com/products/jarjar/

Bob

On 6/13/06, Don Brown <donald.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about doing what Sun does with Xalan for Java 5 and rename XWork
> packages?  With the changes we are making to XWork 2.0, I don't think
> it will co-exist with WebWork 2.2.2/3 very well, if at all.
>
> Therefore:
>
> com.opensymphony.xwork
>
> will become:
>
> org.apache.struts.action2.com.opensymphony.xwork or
> org.apache.com.opensymphony.xwork or even
> org.apache.struts.action2.xwork
>
> If the new API does its job, XWork should be completely hidden for the
> user anyways and for legacy apps, they just need a simple refactoring.
>
> Don

> > Isn't possible to be an issue with XWork dependency? I don't think 2
> > different versions of XWork can co-exist on the same webapp.... but I
> > may be wrong.
> >
> > ./alex
> > --
> > .w( the_mindstorm )p.

> > > Not to nitpick, but WW1 and WW2 CAN peacefully coexist, because we changed
the package names in the change. At Notiva we converted the app piecemeal from WW1 to WW2
over time, moving over new pieces and migrating anything old that we had to touch. We simply
mapped them to different extensions.

> > > I'm not sure why Atlassian didn't switch over. Maybe it just didn't ever make
sense. Maybe there was some other issue with common configuration files that we didn't run
into at Notiva. But I can tell you that they can run side-by-side, just as WebWork 2.x and
Struts 2.x will be able to.