struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [Standalone Tiles] Changing the Semantics of the InsertTag
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:21:52 GMT
At 9:00 AM -0700 6/14/06, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>On 6/14/06, Joe Germuska <Joe@germuska.com> wrote:
>
>>Would you consider some kind of compatibility mode?  That is, before
>>you remove support for these, could there be a way for people to
>>configure things for a more strict or more compatible evaluation, to
>>ease migration?  It seems like the closest you can get to deprecation
>>warnings in tag libs/JSPs.
>
>Rather than keep these things around in Standalone Tiles, I think the
>responsibility for 'deprecation' warnings falls to Struts Action.

but in Struts action, it would only be documentation, while in tiles,
it could be done in a way that you could transition in code.

However, I realize as I write this that saddling Standalone Tiles
with that kind of weight is wrong.  SAT is essentially a 2.0 release,
and should clean up all these kinds of things (and I too find the
Tiles API overly cluttered, so i'm totally in favor of these kinds of
changes...)

My other comment was kind of reflexive.    I suppose it could be
applied to struts-tiles -- or maybe you mean that the responsibility
falls to the struts-tiles component of struts-action?

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"You really can't burn anything out by trying something new, and
even if you can burn it out, it can be fixed.  Try something new."
	-- Robert Moog