struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [action2] Upgrade Dojo toolkit
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:00:14 GMT
At 10:32 AM -0500 6/20/06, Patrick Lightbody wrote:
>Just to add to what Jason already said: no one is suggesting getting
>rid of Dojo, just that we'd move the "ajax" theme as it exists today
>over to the new "dojo" theme and then the new ajax theme would be a
>simpler implementation based on DWR and possibly Prototype. When
>users need more, they are free to use the dojo theme and get their
>hands dirty with the Dojo framework, as Jason has done.

just to add... and so forth...

This sounds great.  I think that Jason's points about Dojo are good
ones, and there's a lot that we can do to make Dojo more usable for
people.  I have tended in the past to agree with the style of
development that pushes things outside of Struts, but between WebWork
and Rails, I have really come around to appreciate projects that
accept a wider scope.

I think separating "dojo" into its own theme is very much the right
approach as well...

Joe
--
Joe Germuska

"You really can't burn anything out by trying something new, and
even if you can burn it out, it can be fixed.  Try something new."
	-- Robert Moog