struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Struts 1.3.x: Using multiple chain configurations
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:29:49 GMT
At 9:07 AM +0100 6/30/06, Phil Zoio wrote:
>Joe,
>
>Could Struts 1.3 set up to have a separate chain per module?

Phil:  I thought we discussed this two weeks ago.  In short, the
answer is "yes".  Looking back at what I wrote, perhaps I gave too
much detail at the wrong time.  Here is the core of it:

>>  >>> It is technically possible to change which command is looked up in
>>  >>> controller-config on  per-module basis.

For context, Struts uses commons-chain code to instantiate a universe
of catalogs which contain commands.  You'd use the <controller> to
specify the name of a catalog and the name of a command within that
catalog which is to be executed to process the request.   Therefore,
you could specify different "bootstrap" commands for each controller
until you turn blue.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"You really can't burn anything out by trying something new, and
even if you can burn it out, it can be fixed.  Try something new."
	-- Robert Moog