struts-dev mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] Maven 2 build -- Help Wanted
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:35:24 GMT
Ok, so I had some time this morning to help.

I started looking at the apps to see what I could do to get them up
to "Maven2" par.  I created a struts-shale-apps-parent (pom.xml under
apps/) and added it as a module of struts-shale-parent.  I then
created struts-shale-apps-sql-browser (pom.xml under apps/sql-
browser) and that almost works fine.

With respect to 1.4 vs 1.5 for compilation, I'm not sure what all is
going on with profile/activation inheritance and all, but even with
this:

  mbp~/svn/test-struts-shale$ mvn install -Pmyfaces,1.5 -
Dmaven.test.skip=true

...the 1.5 activation setting doesn't flow down to struts-shale-apps-
parent or it's modules, which has the same profile declared.  So,
next step, I copied that profile down to struts-shale-apps-parent and
specified the module for sql-browser....still no dice.  And, to make
matters worse, if I run the above command *without* specifying '1.5',
the build runs apps/sql-browser *with* 1.5 settings....which is just
odd.  Of course, this could be due to me not correctly setting the
user-is-an-idiot attribute, but I'll look at it some more later ;)

all of the rest of the apps.  More later...

--
James Mitchell