struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [action2] Struts Action 2.0.0 Issues
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:52:16 GMT
On 6/9/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
> Also, I'll be
> moving items from our TODO lists over to issues so be prepared for more
> emails :)

Which TODO lists?

> This JIRA report [1] should contain everything we are planning for in
> the 2.0.0 release slated for August.

For 2.x, I'd like to take this one step farther and ask that ALL SVN
commits to Action2 refer to a JIRA issue, even if we have to create a
new one. I realize this means a bit of extra work sometimes, but if a
change is worth committing, then it's worth having a JIRA issue. We
already conduct a lot of the development discussions on Bugzilla
tickets, and I'd like to try to make this the expected norm for
Action2.

The advantage is that development discussions remain linked to the
commits. The SVN commit refers to a JIRA ticket, which contains all
the background discussions. Conversely, thanks to the JIRA-SVN plugin,
we can go from a ticket to the corresponding commits.

The plugin should pickup any unadorned reference to a JIRA ticket. I
tend to put it by itself on the first line, just to be sure, followed
by the usual commit message.  (Though, it doesn't look like the plugin
is working quite yet. )

-Ted.