struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <tobrien-...@discursive.com>
Subject Re: Does Struts really need two frameworks? (long)
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:27:42 GMT
...we're dealing with the ramifications of dismantling Jakarta from years
ago.    I actually think that this situation would have never arose if
Struts and Shale were two sibling subprojects in a larger Jakarta project.
But, the Board spoke years ago, and umbrella projects were broken up because
of oversight concens.

This highly dormant non-member votes TLP for Shale.  This isn't meant as a
slight towards Craig, rather I think that separating Shale into separate
entity will help clarify the message of both Shale and SAF2.   Otherwise
every Shale page on the site is like an if/else clause  "Use SAF2 if you
like actions, but use shale if you...".   I take a look at the
db.apache.orgTLP, and I don't wish that fate upon Shale.

Shale should be a TLP, the Shale site should be self-hosting.   Struts is a
TLP, the Struts site should be self-hosting.  There is obviously a good deal
of exchange, but the frameworks "compete" (not my words).