struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Carreira <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Re: [action2] /s /xwork.xml /action.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:12:48 GMT
> I looked at how to make that change, but I think we
> still need to do some work
> with xwork's config.  It makes heavy use of this
> XWorkStatic class with static
> retrieval methods.  Worse, the static use creates a
> circular dependency between
> ConfigurationManager and DefaultConfiguration for the
> purposes of retrieving the
> list of ConfigurationProviders from
> ConfigurationManager.  Furthermore, there
> doesn't seem to be a way to inject your own list of
> providers before the default
> list is created, since to do so, you have to get the
> ConfigurationManager
> instance from XWorkStatic and by doing so, you
> implicitly create one with a
> default list of providers.
>
> I want to wait to see Jason's thoughts before making
> this change.

Yeah, that stuff's crappy, all right. I just created the XWorkStatic class on the flight back
from SF as a "ghetto" to put the statics in until we could get rid of them altogether. I wanted
to get all of them into that one place so they'd be easier to identify and deal with. I only
got around to moving the one, the Configuration, but there's more to be moved... dragged into
the XWorkStatics and shot...