struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: Does Struts really need two frameworks? (long)
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:34:16 GMT
Tim O'Brien wrote:
> There is obviously a good  deal
> of exchange, but the frameworks "compete" (not my words).

While this may be true politically, from a code perspective, I completely
disagree.  Just about every feature of Shale, AFAIK can easily be used with
Action 2: Spring integration, clay, message bundles, basically anything that
doesn't use an alternative NavigationHandler or Lifecycle.  I think Shale is a
great project and plan to use it where I can in Action 2 JSF examples as it
really makes JSF easier.  I think JSF is a very legitimate view option for
Action 2 and Shale fills in JSF's gaps quite nicely.

Don