struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: Does Struts really need two frameworks? (long)
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 05:41:56 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:
> As for making the UI tags an independant extension, a al Tiles, that
> sounds good too. (Even better if we include the "value added" Ajax
> support.) But I don't know if we want to hold back the SAF 2.0.0 to
> make it happen. But, for phase 2, sure!
Actually, I'm thinking splitting off the tags would help us get SAF
2.0.0 out the door sooner.  A lot of our remaining tickets are for AJAX
tags, which would be in this new project.  As for the Tiles comparison,
that is exactly what I was going for.

And to be clear, the tags, at least for the near term, would stay
dependent on Struts Action 2.  The reason to split them off would be to
give them their own release cycle and make Struts Action 2 releases more
focused and quicker.  The tags have their own group of interested
committers, so I don't see a repeat of our last spinoff attempt. :)

Don