struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: [Standalone Tiles] Changing the Semantics of the InsertTag
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:09:51 GMT
Greg Reddin ha scritto:
> Of the attributes that are currently supported by InsertTag, I believe
> the following are redundant:
>
> 1)  attribute, definition, name could all be resolved to name.
>
> In addition the name attribute can be interpreted as either a pointer
> to a Tiles definition or attribute or an URL, which essentially makes
> it equivalent to page and template.

Only a little problem: what if there is a definition that has the same
name of an attribute? Will it get the attribute or the definition?
I think this is pretty rare, but I think also that it needs attention.
Maybe an optional "type" attribute could be used to distinguish between
attribute and name, and when it is absent the tag gives precedence to
the attribute.
For all the rest I totally agree with you.
Just my 2 eurocents

Antonio