struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: [Tiles] Inline definitions (WAS: [Tiles] Embedding tiles inside of tiles)
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 08:10:36 GMT
Greg Reddin ha scritto:
> Yep, that's come up before.  Personally, I don't like the idea.  Think
> about how complicated that could become with nested, nested defs.

I don't see it so catastrophic. In certain cases it is better to see an
entire structure as a tree instead of a lot of "see definition x". In my
experience with Tiles, what I did very frequently is a base definition
and a lot of extended definitions, one for each page. Probably nested (I
called them "inline" but probably "nested" is a better term) definition
in these cases are clearer.

>   I'd prefer better support for including other definitions as a tile
> attribute.  Maybe that support is there already and i just haven't
> tried it.

Isn't there yet? Do you mean:

<put name="attributeName" value="some.definition" type="definition" />

I don't think it is what you mean, because this is already there. Can
you clarify what you mean with an example?
Ciao
Antonio