struts-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Ara <juan....@fi2net.com>
Subject Re: iterate tag
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:33:28 GMT
Szurdi Miklós wrote:

> The offset attribute offsets the index of the Collection (e.g it
> starts from xth element instead of the first.) as far as I know while
> indexId gives it back for other tags and visualization (In my case I
> use it in a table for row numbering).

Whoops I misunderstood your first mail =) Sry!

In c:foreach you can have a var attached to loop status, (
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/api/javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/LoopTagStatus.html

)
Maybe you can have your tag having a "loopStatus" in order to give a
portable funcionality to JSTL

In LoopTagStatus interface, index gives you the index while count gives
you the absolute number.
Simple operations with begin and step could lead you to any combination
of exact / real / actual / skipped row ids.

Cheers,
Juan