struts-dev mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject [all] Struts Nightly builds [was Re: Continnum Is Up]
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 04:01:18 GMT
Wonderful timing, I was just about to start a new thread wrt getting
the nightlies back online.  And so I'll move my thoughts here.

----
So, with the mini hackathon out of the way, and our new buddy
MrStruts taking care of the continuous integration for us (ok, he
isn't doing much right now, but he is there and ready to roll), I'd
like to turn at least some of my attention to getting the nightlies
back online.  Sorry if this was already discussed/decided on a
different thread, I'm behind on every list I am currently subscribed
to, except dev@struts.

I plan to have MrStruts do full nightly builds using a similar
nightly script to the one I was using for many months with the Maven
1 built nightlies.  I'm in the process (as I type this) of creating
the necessary build scripts to produce nightly artifacts of Struts
Action 1 (1.2.x and 1.3.x), Struts Action 2, and Shale.

Currently, we publish the nightlies here:

  http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/

...and I see Craig has begun publishing Shale nightlies to this spot:

  http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/maven2/shale/

So, on that note, I'll begin publishing Action 1 and 2 nightlies in a
(almost) similar fashion.

Craig, I've already zapped the 'maven' directory, can we:
1. remove the extra directory 'maven2' and just have p.a.o/builds/
struts/shale (requires you to change your scp script)?
2. rm -fr 'nightly' from the same dir?

So, (high level) we would have:

http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/shale
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/action1/1.2.x/
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/action1/1.3.x/
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/action2
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/tiles   (eventually)

...and each directory (Maven 2 built) would have a directory for the
particular module, which would have the current jar, war, or zip, and
6 days prior.

How does this sound?

Wendy wrote:
> That was a few days ago. :)

Yes, I know, I never got back to this.  Sorry, it's been a heck of a
month this week ;)  My questions would have been about the POM
changes that Sean eluded to during our mini hackathon.  I could be
wrong, but I thought he said there would be an issue with something
we needed and it not being published yet and that may or may not have
stemmed from a private conversation you may or may not have had over
IM.  Sorry, the details are still a little cloudy.  Forget about it
for now, I'm sure if it's a problem we'll know as soon as we begin
adding more projects to Continuum.

--
James Mitchell