struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Locale resolver (Re: WW/SAF2 i18n & Cintoo Messages)
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:36:28 GMT
Some further reflections:

WW and SPR both use ThreadLocal to store the locale of the thread's request. However, there
still needs to be a shared object that can set/retrieve the local across web frameworks.

So I 100% agree with the ThreadLocal use, but it is not directly relevant to my question.
That would be an implementation of the locale resolver, in which it would expose the locale
in the thread for a particular framework.

So if I am running with a local resolver whose implementation sets both SAF/SAF2, it would
set the appropriate values for each framework. Understand? This is kind of complex for me
to describe, but I hope the point is clear.

Paul

Hubert Rabago <hrabago@gmail.com> wrote: It looks like it requires Java 5.  Has there
been a decision to move
SAF2 to Java 5?