struts-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does Struts really need two frameworks? (long)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:20:46 GMT
( I send this off list - I hate struts flamewars )
Jack,

you are saying right things  to people who fail
to understand them...

Struts was already brain-dead  in 2001, and they
will fail to assimilate webwork properly.
(I will be first in line to fork it or apply to
comimter status at opensymphony, or use my time
and commiter powers to improve nanowar)

I think your skills are better used on improving
freemarker ;) ( since velocity guys are not doing
their work at all... )

regards,

--- Dakota Jack <dakota.jack@gmail.com> wrote:

> I laughed when you were made a committer, Michael.
> That convinced me that
> the end was inevitable.  However, this I don't find
> at all funny.  I really
> would like to see Struts succeed.
>
> On 6/20/06, Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 6/20/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
> > > As Shale and Action zero in on their first GA
> release, I don't think it
> > is too
> > > late to ask the question, "Does Struts really
> need two frameworks?"
> >
> > I bet DJ and JR are laughing their asses off.

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> dev-help@struts.apache.org
> >

> --
> "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make
> it float on its back."
> ~Dakota Jack~

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
Still using XDoclet 1.x?  XDoclet 2 is released and of production quality.
check it out: http://xdoclet.codehaus.org