struts-dev mailing list archives

From Gabe <gj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsActionRelease200" by TedHusted
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 01:30:48 GMT

Hi all,

Being new to this, I was wonder what the upcoming process will be in terms of adding new features.
i.e. Is each feature to be considered voted on, etc. Also, will new XWork features be handled
at opensymphony and struts 2.0 features handled here?

The two big issues not on the items under consideration list that would be my highest priorities
are:
1) Deprecate '#' entirely in the EL and similarly discourage use of the OgnlContext to store
variables, instead add setting on the OgnlValueStack.
2) A compromise reached on bucket sorting of parameters so that bucket sorting isn't the only
way you can accomplish the use case.

Of course, I am willing to contribute all necessary code by the release target date for the
above issues or any of the other OGNL issues / XWork conversion issues listed, since those
are my main areas of expertise.

Thanks,
Gabe

----- Original Message ----
From: Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org>
To: commits@struts.apache.org
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 8:08:24 PM
Subject: [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsActionRelease200" by TedHusted

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TedHusted:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsActionRelease200

The comment on the change is:
Interpret  #23 as a request for type alias

  Configuration

-  * Reduce or eliminate need to use fully-qualified class names, over and over. (See #23.)
+  * Add support for type aliasing (a la Spring and iBATIS) to reduce or eliminate need to
use fully-qualified class names, over and over. The fully-qualified type is declared once,
and then a simple type "nickname" can be used instead. (See #23.)
   * Combine configuration DTDs so that Actions, Messages, and Validators can be defined in
a single file. (See Ted, #1.)
   * Use values on the stack to override/define configuration options. (See Tim, NTH #3.)