struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [tiles] Version 2.0?
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:45:24 GMT
Tiles 2.0 is fine. I like it alot. +2 :-)

Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote: In another thread,
On 6/14/06, Greg Reddin  wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Joe Germuska wrote:
>
> > However, I realize as I write this that saddling Standalone Tiles
> > with that kind of weight is wrong.  SAT is essentially a 2.0
> > release, and should clean up all these kinds of things (and I too
> > find the Tiles API overly cluttered, so i'm totally in favor of
> > these kinds of changes...)
>
> I agree that ST is basically a 2.0 version.
> I aim to clean it up as much as possible.  I just hope we
> don't lose the user base in the process.

Hmmm... "Tiles 2.0" ?  I like it. :)

No need to state the obvious -- it's clearly standing alone, since it
isn't packaged with Struts Action and has no dependencies on it.
"Tiles" vs. "Struts Tiles" should be enough to differentiate them, if
we're consistent.

Thoughts?

--
Wendy