struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of 1.3.5, 1.x, and loose ends
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 02:54:14 GMT
On 6/22/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What is the status of 1.3.5? It sounds like it's almost baked.
>
> By the way, I am volunteering to continue adding features to 1.x. Michael says he is
also. I read today Niall is too. Who else on the team still wishes to add features for this
codebase? Just looking to know who is on the "inner team".

I just created a first draft of what I envision as part of updated 1.3
documentation that describes new features for 1.3 ;-)

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsComponents

The WAR file is attached, see the bottom of the page. The WAR contains
full source code of new and updated Struts classes.

I would like to hear some opinions before I check this stuff in :-))
But not the old one "Action should not provide dispatching
functionality, just because it should not" ;-) It does not hurt
anyone. Also, this allows to build event notation right into action
mapping definition.

The sample looks and behaves exactly like this one:
http://www.jspcontrols.net/jspcontrols-0.6-samples/login-struts/index.jsp

I believe that the possibility to develop components with Struts
Classic will be a killer feature.

BTW, Paul, you were right, c:import works fine  where jsp:include does
not. So Struts components can be created quite easy.

Michael.