struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please test the Maven archetypes
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 23:36:17 GMT

> On 6/3/06, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
> > I just tried the struts-blank one. Very cool! I ran into one problem
> when
> > building the generated app, though:
> >
> > [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).
> >
> > Project ID: org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-booter
> >
> > Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-booter
> '
> > from the repository: Error
> >  transferring file
> >   org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-booter:pom:2.0
>
> Did this happen repeatedly?  'Error transferring file' usually means
> you can't connect to ibiblio.

Silly me only tried it once. I didn't think about an ibiblio issue because
Maven had already downloaded a pile of other artifacts. I just tried it
again, though, and it built successfully.

> One other thought: Should we set up a default goal (e.g. 'package')?
>
> Good idea.  I think I'll go with install, though.  It's less likely
> that a war file would be a dependency for another project, but you
> might as well get it in the local repo anyway.

Yeah, I thought of 'package' because I wouldn't expect people to be
installing wars. No big deal, though.

--
Martin Cooper