struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Process thoughts (Re: [VOTE] Struts Action Framework v1.3.4 Quality)
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 20:59:21 GMT
On 5/16/06, Ted Husted <ted.husted@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/16/06, Don Brown <donald.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think the solution is to:
> >  1. Make betas publicly available and widely known like our 1.1 betas
> were
>
> +1
>
> I think the notion that we can't announce and mirrors Betas is a
> misunderstanding. We can mirror an announce *any* release, even an
> Alpha.

"Announce" and "mirror" are two different things.  IIRC, Apache's general
guidelines on "mirror" are GA releases only (although we've probably been
among the folks that bypassed that policy on occasion).

Sorry not to have time (here at JavaOne this week) to do the historical
research to back this up, hence the disclaimer that this might be my foggy
memory.

Craig