struts-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Craig McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Struts Action Framework v1.3.4 Quality
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 02:27:55 GMT
On 5/13/06, Wendy Smoak <> wrote:
> On 5/13/06, Craig McClanahan <> wrote:
> > On 5/13/06, Ted Husted <> wrote:
> > > I would prefer that we resolve the DTD issue before marking a
> > > distribution "ready for primetime".
> > I agree ... and vote for beta as well.
> >
> > But we should spend some more time testing to see if there are any other
> > lurking ghosts before we send Wendy off on yet another cycle through the
> > release plan process.
> I see two choices.  Make the two-line change to XmlParser and roll
> 1.3.5 immediately with *only* that change, or wait a while and see if
> anything else comes up.
> I'm trying to find the motivation for Plan A.  Because if we do that,
> and no one objects to calling the vote immediately... we could count
> the vote in time for Don's talk on Wednesday.
> Plan B assumes that people are going to continue to test 1.3.4, and I
> don't know how likely that really is.
> Right now I just feel like I'm going to make someone unhappy, no
> matter what I do.  Or don't do, as the case may be.

I hope that I wasn't implying I would be unhappy if you were *willing* to
roll 1.3.5 immediately ... that'd be fine.  However, I would be unhappy with
all of us other committers if we stopped testing 1.3.4 at all, until
1.3.5became available, and we surface yet another two line change next
Where, by the way, I suspect you'll be pretty busy :-).

But if you want to go for it, I'm game -- can do a small bit of testing on

> Wendy


> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message