struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Maven 2 build -- Help Wanted
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 22:29:34 GMT
> Using "main" works for me if we want to go this way.

I would stay away from main b/c we have src/main/java when following
the maven convention.  I would suggest core (again if we go this way.)

> But, does "apps" really belong underneath "main" (I can see the logic on the
> rest of them)?  And, do we really need this at all (versus shale/trunk/*)
> given that you can "svn copy" a branch of, say, "shale/trunk/test" to
> something like "shale/branches/test/1_2_3" at any time you want to do a
> separate release of one component?

I think the ultimate answer depends on whether we know for sure that
we want separate releases.  It doesn't sound like we know for sure so
maybe we should just stick with one shale/trunk.  For MyFaces we had
as a goal to break out tomahawk from the core.  But it doesn't sound
like we have that strong of a reason in this case.

> Craig

Sean