struts-dev mailing list archives

From tm jee <tm_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [action2] maven dependency version
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 16:57:20 GMT
Hi guys,

A newbie suggestion on current SAF2.0 maven build, I am thinking of putting all dependency
version under <dependency-management>.....</dependency-management> instead of
have them specified under <dependency>...</dependency> of project level pom and
subproject pom overwrite them accordingly. It makes it easier to manage dependency, just in
case we need to change them latter on.

Currently I think the <dependency-management> ...</dependency-management> could
go into project level pom. But user could extract them and let them in settings.xml under
~/.m2/ or <maven-install-dir>/conf makes it easier for them to change the dependency
if the wish more easily as well.

Is this the correct way to deal with it? I mean does other projects in Apache do it this way?
Is the the recommended practise?

cheers.