struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject SAF 1.3.x and legacy RequestProcessor
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 15:07:08 GMT
Looking at 1.3 internals (at last) I've found that it contains both
ComposableRequestProcessor (CRP) and legacy RequestProcessor (RP). Is
this duality really needed?

For a regular Struts user who does not extend RP, the new CRP should
work just like the old one. The only difference is the config files.

Dragging legacy RP along seems like a burden to me, especially that
the main difference between 1.2 and 1.3 is the chain of commands, so
unless someone wants to make explicit use of chain, there is no reason
to upgrade to 1.3. In future, the RP will either have to be supported
all along (is it reasonable?) or deprecated (why not do it now?).

Am I not getting something?

Michael.