struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release the struts-parent pom v2
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 04:49:25 GMT
> On 5/3/06, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > We need to release version 2 of the struts-parent pom:
> >
> > * http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/maven/trunk/pom/pom.xml
>

> +1.
>
> I didn't really give the role thing any thought before, but I wonder if
> perhaps it should be additive? Meaning, for example:
>
>          <roles>
>             <role>Committer</role>
>             <role>PMC Member</role>
>          </roles>
>
> rather than replacing 'Committer' with 'PMC Member'? Just a thought - no big
> deal.

(1) ---

"The foundation is governed by the following entities:
    * Board of Directors (board) governs the foundation and is
composed of members.
    * Project Management Committees (PMC) govern the projects, and
they are composed of _committers_. (_Note that every member is, by
definition, also a committer._)" [1]

The above, apparently, can be rephrased like this to define a member:

"Project Management Committees (PMC) govern the projects, and they are
composed of _members_. Every member is, by definition, also a
committer._"

or simply as:

"Project Management Committees (PMC) govern the projects. Every PMC
member is, by definition, also a committer."

The above assumes that the note in parentheses corresponds to the
second bullet only (otherwise why would it be a part of second bullet
instead of being a separate note below the bulleted list?).

(2) ---

"PMC member is a _developer_ or a _committer_ that was elected ..." [2]

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#structure
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles