struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Struts Action Framework v1.3.2 Quality
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 00:09:39 GMT
On 4/28/06, Ted Husted <ted.husted@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/28/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
> > I went through every open bug ticket last night, and out of them all,
> > there only a handful outstanding, and none that are serious; again, why
> > I think this is a beta release.
>
> I added a "Struts Action 1" filter to list all the open bugs against
> SAF1, which comes up with thirty issues. I agree that not all of these
> need to be handled by the 1.3.2 release plan, but it would be help to
> itemize the open tickets, so that we know what is not being handled
> and why.
>

> > Perhaps we need a better definition of quality, because to me, beta
> > means there are some minor issues, but the code works, the examples
> > work, and you could start using it in a development environment without
> > problems.
>
> To me, a Beta means that if it works for more people, we could upgrade
> it to GA.

No, that is a release candidate. Our Test Build is always a release
candidate, in effect, because since we don't vote until after it's built,
there is always a possibility that it could become GA. (Not counting the
cases where we know up front that it's not good enough, of course.)

--
Martin Cooper

The JIRA issues aside, I could never vote this release to GA since