struts-dev mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: struts website issues
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:01:56 GMT
On Apr 26, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> The struts.apache.org website is being published by someone
> doing an scp without the proper group permissions.  The publication
> caused the download.cgi permission to become 644 (instead of 775),
> thus breaking the mirror process.  I have fixed both issues for now,
> but they will break again the next time someone publishes using scp.

Hi, yes, we were aware of this a few days ago and have since moved
that file (in svn) so as not to overwrite it.

> I also have an issue with the link to "Development Releases" on
> the website directing people to svn.apache.org.  First of all,
> we don't have development releases at Apache.  We have packages
> that have not been released (which should only be known about by
> people who read the dev list) and public releases (packages that
> have been approved by the project prior to their appearance on
> the www.apache.org mirrored website).
>
> As such, please remove all links to svn.apache.org that might
> lead a normal user to think that it is appropriate for
> them to download stuff from our DEVELOPER ONLY subversion server.
> Those links are currently responsible for 7.5% of the load on that
> server (more than triple the next largest source of requests).

Yikes, ok, done.  Wendy/Ted/Whoever, no need to publish, I also
zapped the link on the server.  And the commit msgs should follow
this one.

> ....Roy

Thanks for your help and sorry for the trouble.

--
James Mitchell