struts-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Struts Wiki] Update of "RoughSpots" by GabrielZimmerman
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:14:08 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by GabrielZimmerman:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/RoughSpots

      * [crazybob] I'm not sure what you discussed, but it's *very* useful, and there should
be no reason not to do it. Say for example my form has a 'userId' and fields to set on the
user 'user.name', 'user.address'. With the sorting, 'userId' gets set first at which point
we load a `User` object. Then the other parameters get mapped to that `User` object. Without
the sorting, there's no guarantee on the ordering. You have to load the user in one action
and then chain to another. This is a common use case; might as well make it simple.
      * [Gabe] Discussion here: [http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?messageID=32084]
Basically, I think we can come up with a better way to accomplish this than requiring setter
methods to be used for business logic and depending on parameter ordering.
      * [plightbo] As Gabe said, we already discussed this. And the last post on the subject
was that we should do it. We still should.
+     * [Gabe] I've created an XWork JIRA for a solution to the same use case here. [http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-387]
I'd be happy to contribute the code.

  == Patrick's issues ==