struts-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Struts Wiki] Update of "RoughSpots" by GabrielZimmerman
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:31:52 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by GabrielZimmerman:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/RoughSpots

      * [jcarreira] I'm not sure that's useful... We discussed it at some length on the mailing
list and it wasn't clear. mapping the param interceptor twice isn't for that problem, though,
it's for model-driven actions.
      * [crazybob] I'm not sure what you discussed, but it's *very* useful, and there should
be no reason not to do it. Say for example my form has a 'userId' and fields to set on the
user 'user.name', 'user.address'. With the sorting, 'userId' gets set first at which point
we load a `User` object. Then the other parameters get mapped to that `User` object. Without
the sorting, there's no guarantee on the ordering. You have to load the user in one action
and then chain to another. This is a common use case; might as well make it simple.
+     * [Gabe] Discussion here: [http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?messageID=32084]
Basically, I think we can come up with a better way to accomplish this than requiring setter
methods to be used for business logic and depending on parameter ordering.

  == Nice to haves ==